What is 311?
When to Call 311
You should call 311 to request city services and information.
Examples of typical 311 calls include:
- Broken meters
- Trash collection problems or to schedule a bulk pick-up
- Abandoned autos
- Parking enforcement
- Tree services
- Illegal dumping
- Street light repair
- District agency phone numbers, addresses and hours of operations
How to Contact 311
DC311 connects you to essential information and city services you depend on. We improved 311 to make it more convenient and accessible.
- 311 Online Portal – 311.dc.gov
- Mobile App for Apple and Android Devices – DC311
- Text DC311
- Online Live Chat during standard business hours
- Twitter @311DCgov
- Call 311 or (202) 737-4404